To play real money poker games, you needn’t be Justin Bonomo, Erik Seidel or David Peters. Even though you’re a novice to this iconic game, you still have chances to hit the jackpot and fill your pockets with bucks. How come? Because poker isn’t only strategic and skill-game, but it’s also based on luck. So if you’re lucky, you can win over any rivals!
The best online casino sites to play video poker for real money
Thanks to technology you can relish more than gamblers of old times. USACasinoExpert.com provides you access to multiple poker variations on various legal platforms. Our team thoroughly selects, tests and monitors all the US real money poker sites before listing them in the catalog, so you can register on them without a second thought.
Can you play online poker real money USA legal?
Yes! You can be 100% sure it’s legal to play it in tax-friendly Delaware, diverse Nevada, “garden state” New Jersey and “retirement heaven” Pennsylvania. But let us explain to you more, because there’s much more to know.
Look through the local legislature, should you desire to wager in other states. If there’s no direct prohibition, the legality of playing poker may be subject to interpretation. Nevertheless, you have to leave hopes for «making a poker face» in cold Alaska, entertaining Georgia, scorching Hawaii, “granite” New Hampshire, musical Tennessee, booming Texas, and picturesque Utah.
Now there’s a shift happening in the perception of poker and other casino games (many of which derive from American culture), so hopefully, in the foreseeable future, American watchdogs will stop taking a hardline stance on these phenomena.
Also, even though it isn’t precisely against American laws to play poker online real money on a federal level, many states are cautious about online wagering and keep an eye on that. Fuel to the fire is added by the Unlawful Illegal Gambling Enforcement Act. It has created obstacles on the way to transferring money in the gambling domain. It made all transactions related to gambling illegal. It means you can’t send your poker wins to the bank account straight from a casino «wallet». What to do? Find the answer below.
Banking of online poker casinos
You can still safely fund yourself and cash out your wins from online poker real money in these ways:
- Using your debit or credit cards (the latter are only for funding) by Visa & MasterCard or other prepaid debit cards
Via payment/financial/money transfer services companies and e-wallets: WesternUnion, PayPal, Skrill, TransferWise, Neteller, etc.
- For the things to be legal, make gambling money operations via reliable channels. Such companies as PayPal collaborate only with high-standard casinos. If the latter doesn’t comply with PayPal’s requirements, the transferring won’t work. Therefore, if you see that known and time-tested companies are among poker casino’s payment options, you can be 100% sure it’s safe and legal.
- Or else, you can try cashing out your winnings with the help of cryptocurrencies. The most recognizable and, thus, safe, are BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, and others.
Why should you play poker online for money
As this happens with most casino activities, buckshee online poker is more popular among Google searches than the online poker real money. As per the Google Trends, in 2019-2020 the search interest for the former was 61%-100% and for the latter – 15%-99% in America.
Many novice gamesters aren’t eager to take a risk and play poker online for real money USA just because they aren’t sure in their talents and capacities. But we are here to walk you through the fundamentals of this outstanding game.
On USACasinoExpert.com, you can discover the best real money poker sites and enjoy the venturous atmosphere of casino platforms. Why is it worth playing poker for real bucks? Why isn’t it enough to play for gratis?
When playing real money poker, you will be awarded bonuses and promos, hence, you’ll be more excited to continue. In paid online casinos, you get access to a broader array of poker options (we’ll tell you about them a bit later). When playing with your funds at stake, you will be thrilled and revel the process for sure. And, finally, you may become a poker champion.
Remember we told you at the beginning of this blog about Justin Bonomo? This guy – the earth’s most outstanding poker player – just at the age of 16 turned his $500 initial funding into a $10,000 bonanza. Of course, in no way we encourage minors to play poker (gambling is legit in the US for people only above 18 or 21 in some states). But we are trying to show you that anything is possible when you play poker online for money USA.
Why is our selection of poker sites the best?
Don’t rush to google any casino sites. You may get into a trap, especially as far as gratis platforms are concerned. They are flooded with spam, annoying ads, and even frauds. However, even if you pay, there’s no guarantee you’ll be safe. You may not be able to cash out your wins if an establishment is unfair or unlicensed. So, what should you do to be safe in the gaming world?
Our suggestion is to select a poker platform among real money poker sites listed here – on USACasinoExpert.com. In our catalogs, are only platforms, licensed by reliable gambling authorities and are entitled to provide their services to US users. Here’s how we filter out the unreliable poker casinos:
- We verify the licenses and permissions.
- We check the availability of various poker games.
- We select only sites which provide secured payment options
- Rewards and promos are a must for reliable poker platforms.
- Only casinos which have mobile equivalents for playing games on the fly get listed on our site.
- Responsive customer support is another crucial factor.
- We check how safe the site if overall – is it encrypted, does the casino share users’ data with third parties? etc.
- Top-notch graphics and perfect sound is another criterion which helps us to find the best real money poker sites.
Before we explain the basic rules, check out the most known poker types. “Poker” is an umbrella term for several card activities with a similar pattern. So here they are:
Straight Poker (is simple as A-B-C-D and perfect for newbies)
- each gamester gets a complete dealt;
- they wager in one round;
- raising and re-raising are permitted).
Stud Poker (well, this one is a bit tougher)
- gamesters receive cards in prearranged combinations;
- they are of face-down as well as face-up rounds, also known as a street;
- each is followed by wagering.
Community Card Poker (risk playing it only if your self-confidence is high)
- it’s a form of the stud poker;
- punters don’t get all the cards at once;
- they get face-down cards;
- the rest of the face-up cards are placed in the middle of the poker table;
- one or more punters can use each center-table card for a 5-card hand.
Draw Poker (another great option!)
- each punter gets a complete hand;
- it’s face-down;
- after wagering, punters may try to change the hand (to perfect it);
- for that, they need to discard undesirable cards and get new ones.
But that’s not all! Give a shot also to Texas Hold’em Poker and Omaha Poker. These are “reincarnations” of the Community Card game. Discover more about every poker game on this platform.
How to win money in poker
Poker is a fortune-based game, so there’s no way you will be winning it consistently. But some strategies may work at times. Follow this to win:
- Never show your holdings to anyone, genuine “poker face” must be your everything (and don’t play in reflecting sunglasses like Kim Kardashian did!) – this refers only to Skype-like poker tournaments
- Know the cards you will use to play
- Go for low-stakes poker (this will save up your bucks before you get familiar with all the little nuances of the game)
- Play a single table
- Don’t get distracted – of course, you might be sitting at home in a comfortable place, but don’t let your dog make you wink and lose
- Simplify main decisions – take as much time as you need before betting or discard a card, unless the game counts the time
Hopefully, this quick walkthrough of poker will stimulate you to play poker online for money and win your bucks! On our site, you can see more detailed descriptions of each poker variation. We also recommend you to research more and get additional knowledge before you put your precious money at stake. Good luck!
📌 How to play poker online for real money in the US?
You can choose any gaming paths of the following. First, you may choose a casino platform with the most suitable for your payment and cash out options. Or else, find a favorite game on our site, click on it, and choose a casino which offers it for paying. Otherwise, choose the best signup bonus and enter the poker realm by using this reward.
📌 What states can you play online poker for real money?
They are tax-friendly Delaware, diverse Nevada, “garden state” New Jersey and “retirement heaven” Pennsylvania. You have to either reside in these countries or be their visitor for the time of playing poker. Unfortunately, you can’t play poker in cold Alaska, entertaining Georgia, scorching Hawaii, “granite” New Hampshire, musical Tennessee, booming Texas, and picturesque Utah. Regarding other states, the illegality of poker there can still be disputed.
📌 Who has won the most money in poker?
It’s Bryn Kenney, a poker punt and entrepreneur from New York, the US. He has always been known for playing very well and making the bank multiple times, but in August 2019 he managed to beat every other professional poker player as he won more than 55.5 million USD at a Triton Million tournament.
📌 Where can US players play online poker for real money?
All casinos presented on our platform legally accept US players. You are more than welcome to get acquainted with reviews and choose the best site for yourself. Follow your wishes and taste!
📌 What poker sites accept US players for real money
To tell you the truth, there are a plethora of sites for playing poker for real money in the US. But most of them are engaged in illegal activities. On our site, there are only legal online casinos that accept American players. Here are the top3 sites for real money poker according to our experts:
📌 What is the best poker site for real money?
According to our experts, the best site for American players is X.
📌 How to play poker without money?
You don’t have to be rich to play poker. $10 is enough to bet for your first time. But if you don’t have even that – it isn’t a big deal. No-money games are also possible. For that, you can either use the «no-deposit bonuses» which some casinos offer or you can play buckshee on our site. The registration isn’t needed for that.